Re: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 10:38:29

Hi all,
Interesting discussion. My fuel indicator probe only goes down as far as the
fuel
tank saddle. So when my gauge indicates zero, with a pre-warning, then I have
9.5 litres remaining on the Main tank (left) and 9.5L remaining in the Reserve
Tank which I take as 30 mins endurance in each to be conservative. When zero
indication occurs then I change straight away to the RESERVE TANK to be certain
it flows ok, then after 30 mins back to the MAIN TANK for 30 mins.
Has worked well in the past as one flight I was down to 7 litres left on
landing!
Not a good look for an airline pilot, NOW RETIRED with Early retirement and
COVID 19 saga. The financial meltdown in the Airline industry! A changed world.
Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton
CHRISTCHURCH 8052
Hom 03315166

> On 2/11/2020, at 07:50, D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net> wrote:
>

> I calibrate in both positions (and have two sets of colour-coded marks), so
> that
I know how much is in there before takeoff.

> Duncan McF.
>> On 01 November 2020 at 15:57 Monoman <mike@nyumba.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> Reading this thread has prompted me to calibrate my contents gauge over the
winter and maybe invest in a red cube flowmeter.
>> My question is while calibrating should I jack the tail to approximate the
>> flying
attitude?