Re: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:57:13
Hi Tim,

I=99m confused, that pump overflow tube is to capture any leakage if t
he pump=99s diaphragm fails, no? It is normally dry.

Cheers,
Pete

> On Nov 2, 2020, at 1:45 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> =EF=BBHi John,
> The return fuel to the reserve tank is a very small amount due to the rest
rictor placed in the return line pipe from the T intersection. Most excess f
uel now flows out through an overflow tube from the new Rotax engine mechani
cal fuel pump. I would prefer to make sure the reserve fuel filter is not bl
ocked and the flow to the engine is uninhabited by selecting the Reserve fir
st for 30 mins then back to the Main for the last 30mins, a conservative app
roach.
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPad
> Tim Ward
> 12 Waiwetu Street,
> Fendalton,
> Christchurch,
> 8052
> New Zealand
> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
> 021 0640221
>
>>> On 2/11/2020, at 9:27 PM, John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:

net>

>> Reply to Tim.
>>
>> The return line goes to the reserve side, therefore the last tank you swi
tch to should always be the reserve. As this will receive the excess fuel th
at is bypassing the carb.

>> So when your tank/gauge says empty stay on main tank.  As soon as the eng
ine faulters switch to reserve, you then have 9 lites remaining. Every drop o
f that is available to you, including the returned fuel.