RE: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: m.j.gregory@talk21.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 18:32:59
The "run until it falters" or "fly to failure" principle of fuel management
can be much improved by the fitting of a fuel pressure gauge or warning
light. This will normally give sufficient advance warning of fuel exhaustion
in the main tank to allow the reserve to be selected without the engine
missing a beat while it continues to run on fuel in the carburettors.
Depending on the type of gauge, the needle may start to fluctuate or the
light may flicker when the smooth flow of fuel is interrupted. This can be a
good attention-getter (I speak from experience!)

While on the subject of fuel system configuration, I feel it is important to
remind all UK builders and operators of the note accompanying my fuel system
review on the Club website
https://www.theeuropaclub.org/owning/safety/fuel-system-review-mike-gregory-
2019

            "In U.K. any deviation from the current Europa published fuel
system must be approved by the LAA modification system in the normal way."

Regards,

Mike

Dr Mike Gregory

Europa Club Safety Officer