Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: crouton <crouton@well.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 11:13:29

I agree with everyone who advocates running on the main (left) side of the fuel
tank because, as has been pointed out, the fuel returns to the reserve (left)
side thus ensuring a full reserve 30 minutes.
The only time I have used the reserve in necessity, I was making a night VFR
approach
at close to extreme range.  The main was quite low and I dont entirely
trust the totalizer at an extreme.
When I entered the pattern I switched to the reserve to ensure uninterrupted
engine
operation in a critical situation.
Upon fueling there was 5 gal (US) remaining.
I am a card carrying member of Buds Department of Redundancy Department.
Creighton Smith.  E-009

Sent from my iPad