Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 02:21:59

I would echo Roddy's comment on this topic.

I can see the logic and simplicity benefits of connecting both sides of the tank
but i suggest that the safety case for being able to switch over to a
'different'
source of fuel - and more importantly, to a little-used fuel filter in the
case of an engine problem, trumps it.

For normal operations, I leave mine pretty much selected on the LH/Min lobe all
of the time and simply consider the RH lobe to be the emergency ~1/2hr of fuel.

Read this topic online here: