Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 01:32:03

I have precisely that system Richard (MGL FF1), although also connected to a
red-cube
fuel flow meter, and it is superbly accurate.

Richard Wheelwright wrote:
> Why complicate things. There is no need.
>
> All you need to to get acupuncture fuel tank contents is MGL fule computer
> you dont have to connect to gps or a flow meter. It can be used as a simple
> fuel gauge. https://www.aeroshop.eu/en/mgl-velocity-asx-2.html
> (https://www.aeroshop.eu/en/mgl-velocity-asx-2.html)
>

> It is simply connected to a fuel float
> https://www.floatyourboat.co.uk/wema-fuel-and-water-sender-sae5?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlvT8BRDeARIsAACRFiU6aaAbrNI-JWonDYMcQvn_D8bOog5yjK2uNjY-7tDeAxJXjsDbq6gaAgilEALw_wcB
>
> (https://www.floatyourboat.co.uk/wema-fuel-and-water-sender-sae5?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlvT8BRDeARIsAACRFiU6aaAbrNI-JWonDYMcQvn_D8bOog5yjK2uNjY-7tDeAxJXjsDbq6gaAgilEALw_wcB)
>

> You simply add fuel at 5 x 11 Lt intervals and add it to the settings on the
fuel computer. First fill the reserve side if the tank first.

> 9 Lt. in reserve
> 5 X 11 Lts
> Total 64 Lts. Tank full
>

> The fuel computer now will display accurate fuel contents in 1 x 1 Lts
> intervals

> Job dun.
>

> Richard
>

> On 31 Oct 2020, at 16:00, Rick Moss  wrote:
>

> > I have a friend who has linked the 2 sides of the tank with a Y-piece.
> >
> > He is very much happier to have a nicely calibrated fuel gauge and a simple
on/off fuel valve.

> > How low are you willing to run any single tank? For me, the answer is about
15 litres. Less that that, and Im getting nervous. With (effectively) 2 tanks,
I dont know how to decide at what point to change the feed side; so end up not
using either leg of the tank.

> > Read this topic online here:
> >
> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=499042#499042
> > (http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=499042#499042)