Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:54:39

I have just tried to replace my servo before discovering
that the fault lay in one of the connectors in an awkward
position behind the panel (actually a snapped wire going
into a crimped pin). In speaking to the guy at Ray Allen,
he was v. Surprised to hear that the servo had packed up,
and implied that they just don't do that even after as
many hours service as mine - and he proved correct when I
released the wiring and retested it. My advice would be to
solder the wires at the servo end to the same coloured
wires in the multicore cable also supplied by Ray Allen,
supporting individual joins and the whole bundle with
heatshrink and also supporting the cable near to the
servo, etc. I feel this is less likely to cause problems
than a connector, and in the very unlikely event that you
do need to replace the servo, replacing soldered joints is
no great issue. Incidentally I have a brand new servo
still in its original sealed pack should anyone need one!
Regards, David Joyce, G- XSDJ