Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 06:25:06

        Hi Tony

        I used shielded wire and stagger soldered the connections and left a
service loop that allows easily access and replacement if ever needed
through an inspection hole and if it fails on a trip far from home, I
marked the wires so I can jog to neutral trim with a 9 volt battery:

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=30484

        I used nutplates and Allen screws that will allow removal of the servo
with a ball end Allen.

        If you absolutely want to use a connector, Bob from Aeroelectric has
directions how to use a D-Sub connector with no housing, strain relieve
the wires with some clear goop, something like Shoe Goo or a name with
6000 in it, don't use stink silicone it can corrode things, no stink
is probably OK although Shoe Goo is pretty good stuff, then use a piece
of heat shrink to hold the two halves of the connector together.

        Ron Parigoris