Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrical Wiring
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:09:54

On May 21, 2014, at 2:32 AM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am interested in what is the correct or preferred connector for the
small wires in the RayAllen Servo wire bundles etc., the small dia
cabling of many devices. I=92m sure there are some better than others,
but I currently don=92t know any, albeit a ACS catalogue could narrow it
down. So far, I have tried D sub terminals, as they are easy to get and
easy to solder. Should I stick with them??

Tony=85At that stage of the build, I was not comfortable w/ using D sub
terminals and questioned my ability to disconnect them w/ one hand=85I
used this AMP connector w/ the larger, crimped pins=85I also floxed the
nuts on the back face of the bulkhead which hold the servo in position,
though I=92d use nut plates were I to do it again=85Fred