Re: Europa-List: Re: One wing Low

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: One wing Low
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:13:09

        Hi Alan

        You could probably go blue tooth for control, just use your smart phone.
I installed a Ray Allen servo in my aileron with the top being flush with
the top and the control horn exits the bottom. I have it controlling a
piece of hinge on the trail edge of the aileron. Not a great shot, left
aileron, view in 600 you can see the bottom of aileron:

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=27605&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

        Don't forget you need to balance the aileron after you fool with it.
I don't know how keen I would be to use a Lithium Polymer battery.
For capacity, cheap, readily available and a very low self discharge, I
would go with a quality alkaline. keeping them it as far forward as you
can. Tungsten is heavier than lead, so you could try and find foam plugs
in your balancing arms, or just drill and insert rods of tungsten (unless
you can locate some depleted uranium rods surrounded with stainless
steel). Put a switch that is easily accessible to turn it off and
some sort of battery indication you can check on your pre-flight.

        I know Steve D. was fooling with altitude hold:

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=24893

        Wonder if they make wing leveling too? Hmm, if you made a minimalist
wing
leveling tab, you could just leave it on wing level all the time when
flying, it would always try to keep wings level, then when you want to
bank, you could easily over ride it!

        Ron Parigoris