Re: Europa-List: Re: One wing Low

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: One wing Low
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:15:11
Hi James,

I don't have any pics of my other installation on hand but will send you
one tonight (EST).  Basically I just took one of these:
http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/elpages/ractrimservos2.php    and on
the end of the actuator attached one end of an open-ended composite
horseshoe with a bolt/pin to provide a 'hinge'. The other end of the
horseshoe is attached again with a bolt-hinge to the control tube providing
a push/pull via a clamp or bracket. Alternatively it could also be attached
to the control system via a clamped-on-arm to rotate aileron tube under the
seat (not having done a Europa install I don't have the specific
installation details figured out yet). The spring rate can easily be
adjusted by incrementally adding layups (I love 'glass :-)

The spring in my other lil'l homebuilt (not glass :-(  )  has more than
adequate spring force over the 1.2" of travel of the servo, but less than
the servo's spec'd limit. One has to consider the alignment carefully to
minimize any side loads on the servo.

hth's,
Cheers,
Pete