Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:33:34

Hi Bob ,David and All.
Many thanks for your reply's, it must have been a good question.
Very interesting on the Alternator wiring and the Battery, I will check it out,
but not in the air David, I did not build the plane, I have learnt something
here
and will post what I find,
Lots of Alternators and spare Battery's required, I much prefer Bobs mechanical
pump and if well insulated should have no heat problem.
All these other options are work arounds and I have no doubt they all work but
one should not have to do all these work arounds and if one buys a 30000 engine
it should not be totally dependant on electricity, the pumps may be OK but if
the Alternator fails and lets say an old battery or loose terminal the engine
stops, This does not sound good design to me.
If you have a Vacuum drive generator I take it you have no Vacuum instrument
??,so
down to electric only.
I will make do with what I have, just hope its wired Alternator pump, battery
pump,
so does mean that if the engine is not running my Number 2 pump will not
run as I prim using the number on pump.
Many thanks.
Alan

Read this topic online here: