Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:07:23

Alan, you have in effect got a dual supply - the battery
and the alternator. If you have wired things according to
the Europa instructions you will find that you can switch
off both main & alternator switches in flight and the
engine keeps running. All the electrical instruments which
haven't got internal batteries go out, which is a bit
scary but the engine remains entirely happy, fuelled by
the electric pump run directly off the alternator.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ (914 mono)