Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 22:32:51

I have a little Odyssey story:

once I forgot my IBBS (Integrated Battery Backup
System) on for several weeks, which gives juice to
my Gemini ADI (Tru Trak). It went empty and so
went finally my lovely Odyssey. Normally there is
like fixed 12,58 V but now hardly 4 V (four). I
had a must to fly so I elected to fire upp engine
w an external battery. I run the engine say 20
minutes and after that session it was fireable by
Odyssey only. I never noticed any failures in that
brave battery but just in case I ordered a new one
(Odyssey retail shop is just 10 km from here). Now
I have a reserve battery, which is year modell
2006, has been in use 6 years, went totally empty
and still a new like. So far I will carry those
extra kilos happily - want to hear more reports
before updating more modern batt techs.

Cheers, Raimo
OH-XRT

My wife was licensed on Monday with w top ratings.
Now I know how is it to try to sleep w a captain.