Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:12:49
Okay, I'll weigh in. I am with Frans on this one.

There are various strategies to overcome the risk of electrical dependency.
I am using Bob Knuckles single battery E buss system and I can confirm that
this works.

My Europa took a lightning hit which took out my main electrical system and
I was able to switch over to the E buss and continue flying to the nearest
airport. This system (if maintained) allows me to fly for over 90 minutes.

There are refined, well understood designs for single battery E buss,
single battery dual alternator, or dual battery dual alternator systems.

Redesigning the Rotax fuel delivery system isn't what I would choose to do.

Just my 2 cents worth.