Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:11:08

Hi Frans.
I am getting a bit lost here, I think you are saying if my Alternator Fails I
won't
get the spark to keep the engine running,
I am not sure if this is correct, surely my battery will keep the power to the
ignition modules for a while.? or am I miss under standing you.
With ref to the mechanical pump I believe some 914 in the world have been
fitted,
there is usually a way to get round cooling, maybe a thermal barrier in the
gasket, or water jacket, I am not doing any of these mods, but i have learnt
a few things from this topic which I will check out, and hope they are as stated
on the forum.
The 914 and the 912 I must say I find it hard to believe there is a huge
temperature
difference under the cowling, why is it so hot.
regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: