Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:18:14

Hi David.
You have flown to some wonderful places, Im UK only no longer have that
confidence,
when i was in my 20s yes I would have.
Im no expert on the plane never looked into it, but all the planes I have flown
the engine is entirely separate from the aircrafts electrics and you have just
confirmed that with Master off and Alternator off and the a pump and spark keeps
the  engine going, or should do.
So the spark is not influenced by either switch,
and the pump get it power from either a separate circuit within the Alternator
or the battery which will slowly run down.
Rotax must say somewhere how long you have on battery and pump only.
or maybe not?
We know with the Master and Alternator off the engine will run OK.
But with a serviceable system how do I check its failure capabilities ??

Regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: