Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:57:50

Hi Neville
Thank you for your detail instruction on the torque tube fix, it sound like a
very
difficult job to undertake and most probably does need an engineer to fix
it and i am sure your can do the job well.
I have zero engineering background, and would rather just fly aircraft which is
what i have been doing for the past 50 years,
However I think it was a poor design and Loctite a poor solution to fix it.
I have seen some ingenious clamps LAA approved which i think will solve the
problem,
and really make the problem go away for good.
It may be expensive to have done, but i personally see this as a good
engineering
solution.
I  know of a number a failed Loctite cases and the way above is the way i intend
to go.
Regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: