Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 17:19:00

Hi Bud,
Glad to see you back on the forum.

Mod 73 has been done on my Europa, but the Loctite repair has failed.
Movement is at the moment within Europa guide lines.

So what happens when Loctite is applied over Loctite ??
this would be a very quick and very easy fix, would it work.??

I have seen clamps with 3/8" pins going through the tube also grips the joint.
They look well made and will hold all firmly together so removing all play.
But will obviously be a pig of a job to do properly, as the tube has to be
removed
the the hole re drilled ( Reamed) by machine to zero tolerance. All this will
cost quite a bit of money,

I purchased the aircraft about 3 months age, it has 350 hours on the airframe,
One should not be having to do this, and i am not blaming the builder he made
a good job of the aircraft, but many many Europa,s are or will be having to do
this.
Its just not good enough, that we should be expected to accept this as the norm.

Its got to be repaired, i will feel a lot happier with zero play, so when i have
it inspected i get a

  :D  Inspector

Alan

PS i also note that there is a Mod on the Drive Pins, 1/4"pins increased to 3/8"
pins locating into the Stabs.
No good having re enforced one bit , and get a failure here,
Is 1/4" OK , it does not appear to be Mandatory

Read this topic online here: