RE: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:38:43

Frans,

I have a standard XS 914 installation.  In the early days I had a problem
with cooling until I lowered the oil cooler  in accordance with the build
manual.  Once the cooler was lowered I had no problems whatsoever until I
filled the system with Evans.  That pushed the temperatures close to the
limit, so I threw the Evans away.  Since then I have had no issues.  True,
UK summer temperatures are not in the same league as our American friends...
I recall that the temperature in my yard in Phoenix, Az occasionally was
120+.  However, UK temperatures are very similar to the Netherlands.

I refer to your email dated 2 Mar 2009, your theory and confidence was most
impressive.  Your penultimate paragraph was quite damming.  I quote.

>>Of course, al this is theory. Because the cooling properties of the
>>factory cowling are so bad, I believe that it would actually be
>>difficult to make it worse. So chances are that my cooling at least
>>gives some better cooling and aerodynamics.

Perhaps Ivan, Andy and Neville at Europa had a better clue than you give
them credit for.

If I was one of the boys, I might be tempted to send you a big piece of
'Humble Pie'.

Regards,

Mike