Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:52:05

On 06/05/2010 04:56 PM, Robert Borger wrote:
> I have the stock FWF 914 setup with the following changes:
>
> 1.  The lowered oil cooler.

Ok, it seems the common solution here is to lower the oil cooler. As I
have fabricated my own duct, this is not possible in my setup. This
means I will probably have to relocate the oil cooler and give it a
dedicated inlet.

One question: if you lower the oil cooler, how are the two coolers
sealed against each other? Can air flow freely around the water cooler
to reach the oil cooler? This means that the air in front of the water
cooler will see an easier path and just forget about the water cooler?

Is there anyone with adequate cooling on warmer days with both radiators
behind each other, as the manual calls for? Or is this plainly
impossible to achieve?

Frans