Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 13:02:27
Paul,

I don't see how it can.  Simple thermodynamics is against it.  Heat transfer is
directly proportional to temperature difference.  Both radiators are at about
the same temperature.  Once the air has been heated by the first radiator its
ability to accept heat from the second has been greatly reduced if not
eliminated.

And this is assuming that the area below the radiators has been sealed so that
the air goes through the radiators and not under them, doing no good at all.

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Jun 5, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Paul McAllister wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am curious to know if there are any examples of standard XS cooling set up's
that do not have the oil radiator lowered that work fine.