RE: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!
From: Robert Hatton <roberthatton1@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 23:18:07
I have been following the cooling topic and wondered what the forum
thought about using Evans coolant?

I noticed Kevin uses Evans from his Death Valley flight description, but
Mike Parkin threw his away!

I am about to refill my radiators and was considering Evans as the way
to go. I am based in Colorado and expect hotter temperatures in the
summer than northern Europe and cooler ones in the winter.

I would welcome anyone=99s advice and experiences.

BTW =93 on my 912UL installation the Oil cooler was lowered and
made a dramatic difference =93 stable temperatures and no sign of
overheating when the aircraft was flying in the UK. I am considering
lowering the Oil Cooler for my 914 installation for the temperatures get
up to the high end of the scale during climb out, but do stabilize in
the cruise.

Robert Hatton

email: roberthatton1@googlemail.com