Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling issues, once again!
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 22:27:33

On 06/05/2010 09:26 PM, Rob Housman wrote:

> Having said all of that, there is no doubt that re-using the cooling
> air will affect heat transfer within the radiator using pre-heated air,
> and this is undoubtedly why Europa recommend placing one below the other.

Another reason might be that the oil cooler in the air exit path of the
water radiator is an obstacle that hinders the air flow in the water
radiator?
Looking closer to both radiators, It appears to me that the oil cooler
has closer spaced fins, thicker fluid canals, and an overall smaller
useful area.
It might be that this is the reason why lowering the oil radiator also
causes the water temperatures to drop.

Frans