Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:00:10
Jan,

very good points to consider!

1) Fuel sight gauge: during building phase I understood to relocate it
between seats. That is not enough. Now, I hate to look at it. Fuel in
the cockpit just behind one millimeter thick plastic tube. One day that
clear tube is yellowed, agened and bristlened and it will broke and
spoil my upholstery or maybe more if happens during flight. It is almost
unnecesary item. Fill the tank always full and then you know surely how
much you have. During flight have a gauge /alarm /computer...and your
brains and a clock!

2) During emergency landing it (an electric fuel pump) must be off.
Better to remember to use master switch (2nd level or even 1st level one
if you have) so the pump is also off. What about a compromiss: during
short take off use an el fuel pump but with long runways do not?

Raimo OH-XRT