Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:04:26
"4) Cowlings

- do not make those little oil/water check doors - so you have to take whol
upper cowling away and see and check same time much much more (weight
penalty none, use cam locks or equal - so it is pleasure to open so often
you like - I do it every 5 flight hrs)

I have Southco fasteners on my cowl.  They are a lot of work to fit but do
make removing the cowl a lot easier.  I still think you need the oil/water
check doors for doing the daily =93A=94 check."

....  or maybe use the piano hinge method, with a removable hing rod on eac
side (a-la RV's)?  Leaving just the top with fasteners.

Cheers,

Pete

A239