Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:47:24
"Of course, if I were to end up inverted, which is very likely in a trigear,
in an otherwise successful emergency landing, it wouldn't make any
difference whether doors were locked or not, as the doors couldn't be opened
anyway, except with brute force. I keep meaning to get one of those
emergency exit hammers just for that nightmare situation"

FWIW,
I am planning on installing releasable-hinge pins for the doors.....  all
attached to a single emergency pull handle via thin/light cables, which will
simply pull all the hinge pins out, allowing for the door to more easily
pushed out sideways (the strut would still attach them somewhat).

Cheers,
Pete
A239