RE: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:51:07
Hi

Just checked the 172R manual from Feb 2000.  The internal door handle
has 3
positions ' open, close and lock.  The check list calls for doors to
be
locked prior to flight.  The forced lading check list calls for =91doors
to be
unlatched prior to touch down=92.

It all adds an interesting extra task at 100 feet after take off when it
all
goes quiet!

Pete