Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:31:48
All,

so many of you have asked me to show my door security pip-pins that here
they are.

Pip-pin connects the guard and the lever together.
Pip-pin has a safety lanyard.
Placards:

1) "do not open during flight" (both sides)
2) "open" with an arrow (both sides)
3) "Warning! Only the pilot is allowed to  open - close - lock the door"
(passenger side only!).

Last notice is because of security and partly because I do not like an
idea to repair the internal parts of the door after somebody has locked
it using unnecessary extra force.

They work fine and I feel good with them. I could not imagine
possibility to fly without them.

Nice to be with you - Mr. Dave Conrad - in a same club flying with
"locked" eh retarded doors...

Raimo OH-XRT
(flying with pip-pinned doors)