Re: Europa-List: Re: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:28:22

rampil wrote:

> Are you accounting for the compression/tension of the upper door as an
> important structural member of the fuselage.  It is my recollection that
> the upper hinges and door frame are structural, not ornamental.

I think I have read somewhere that the Europa was intended to be
"convertible", i.e. that it should be possible to fly it without doors.
Ok, nobody seems to like it, but the design is there. Apart from that, I
highy doubt that the door could serve as a structural member given the
fact that the hinges are very weak.

Frans