Re: Europa-List: Re: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:37:12
Hi Ira,

Valid points, but I am not proposing any structural modifications whatsoever
- just simply making the *existing* hinge pins removable (tho still captured
for normal use) and pulling them out of the hinges in an emergency via thin
cables attached to an 'emergency' hanle which would be recessed and
ornamentally covered to avoid inadvertently pulling it (during one of those
"what's that" passenger mements).

Shouldn't weigh more than a few 10s of grams either. Well worth the
capability to exit when upside down.

...but thinking further - you mean I shouldn't plan on flying my long wings
with the doors and engine off?  That would have given it a real hang-glider
feel ;-)
Cheers & thx,
Pete
A239