Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door locked inflight by pip-pins.
From: David Conrad <avi8ordave@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 04:56:44
Gentlemen,

I don't want to add to controversy, but...

I have independently come to the conclusion of using pip pins... actually t
he little red spring loaded ones from the Andair fuel selectors.

Loosing a door in flight is Bad - Bad - Bad!

External Placcards describing how to open the door, and glider window vents
 allow access to the internal locking mechanism when on the ground.- Glid
ers don't have external door handles... there is no reason our Europas need
 external door handles either.

Dave Conrad
A078, Monowheel
914, short and long wings