RE: Europa-List: Safety improvement list

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Safety improvement list
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:28:12
In the UK, homebuilts are daylight VFR only.  I have never spotted an
aircraft in daylight by seeing its strobes.  I dont think they are an
essential safety feature.

Regarding the check valve in the fuel return line, has there ever been
an
incident/accident where the lack of one has caused a fire?

It is very easy to add a long list of additional safety items (and
weight)
using a "what if" method.  If you are carrying out a proper risk
assessment
you should always balance this with probability and the consequences of
the
risk materialising.

The reason everyone in the UK has to wear hard hats, high vis jackets,
safety boots and safety glasses to change a light bulb is because of
defective risk assessment.

Brian Davies

  _____