Re: Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list

Subject: Re: Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:43:40

Graham

Trouble with any fixed in line filter is you cannot check it without
disturbing the fuel lines so the rubber hose gets eroded every time it
is removed.

That is not an argument!

Flying 50 hrs a year and changing an inline filter once a year is an average, I
assume.
We change all the rubber parts every five year (some change them every 10 year).
Changing mostly because of ageing.

I bet my plane this disturbing (because of changing filters 5 to 10 times) means
nothing for quality rubber hoses.

Think how much or how often the bungee or tyre rubber is disturbed.

Raimo OH-XRT from Suomi