Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Safety improvement list
From: ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:32:58

Raimo   Remember that the reserve side will be the most likley to
recieve any contaminant since that is where the filler is, so.........
should there ever be a major contaninant event when you switch to
reserve it just may not be quite so ready to provide fuel.

Regards

Bob Harrison .

fi>

>Graham,
>
>I did not. You wrote
>
>"the rubber hose gets eroded every time it (a filter)
>> > is removed."
>
>That was my point only.
>If you change a filter let is say 5 to 10 times during rubber hoses
life time, they do not get eroded at all.

toivio@rwm.fi>

>> > Graham
>> >
>> > Trouble with any fixed in line filter is you cannot check it
without
>> > disturbing the fuel lines so the rubber hose gets eroded every
time it
>> > is removed.
>> >
>> > That is not an argument!
>> >
>> > Flying 50 hrs a year and changing an inline filter once a year is
an average, I assume.
>> > We change all the rubber parts every five year (some change them
every 10 year).
>> > Changing mostly because of ageing.
>> >
>> > I bet my plane this disturbing (because of changing filters 5 to
10 times) means nothing for quality rubber hoses.

The latest news as it happens - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/news