Re: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!
From: Michel AUVRAY <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:18:45

Paul McAllister a crit :
> Hi All,
>
> Although the manual suggests not to cut the cables, I did.  I routed
> them to be as straight as possible and then cut them to lenght.  I
> haven't ever had a problem with mine hanging up, although I can't
> definatively say that this is because I shortened them.
>
> Paul
> *
>

> *
Hi Paul,
In the past I have some troubles with cables. When I push the trhottle
lever one cable make a loop into the box.
I lubricate the cable into his housing, but few time ago the cable start
again to a loop.

I take the decision to install stainless steel piano wire diameter 1.5mm.

Now it is perfect reliable and no expensive.

--

        --|--