Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!

Subject: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:30:46
Bob,

I experienced this sort of problem when I was flying behind the bloody
914.
There are several possible causes. Apart from a binding bowden cable,
one possible cause specific to the 914 is the throttle potentiometer on
the left carb. I found that this potentiometer  was adding a lot of
friction to the left throttle, preventing the left carb to fully open
and/or delaying the opening. You can check that after disconnecting both
bowden cables from the carb lever and move the levers to compare right
and left side. The fix was to slightly bend the retaining arm to
increase the spring tension on the left side.
Hope that helps.

Best regards

Remi Guerner

F-PGKL, XS monowheel, 650 hours

<<<<<<Starboard throttle goes to full, port only goes half way.  By
working
the throttle one can get full throttle on both, but that's not right.
I need a good fix for this problem.  >>>>>>>>