RE: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:58:42

Shortening the throttle cables is well worth doing.

I used Teflon lined cycle cable for the control valve on my heater.  The
temperature at the lower end (just above the aft end of the oil cooler duct)
was sufficient to melt the Teflon and seize the cable solid.

While I appreciate that the temperature up by the carbs should be lower, I
think you should be careful about using cycle cable in this application.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com