Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!

Subject: Europa-List: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:18:24
Bob,
I have been using solid Bowden cable sold by ACS.  I posted a mod severa
l years ago that I am sure can be extracted from the archives.  While I
am sure there are a number of folks using the stranded wire setup with s
uccess, I wasn't comfortable using a cable in this application.  Having
to rely on springs to advance/pull the throttle cable didn't sit well wi
th me.  Solid wire is really suited for push/pull applications.  I don't
 know if you recall a mishap that occurred many years ago which was attr
ibuted to a sticking throttle cable.  I believe it was a standard Europa
 installation.  Anyway, the pilot decided to execute a go-around and qui
ckly advanced the throttle only to have it kink within the throttle hous
ing; limiting available throttle to little more than idle power.  The su
bsequent forced landing totaled the plane.  Food for thought.
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914
Free information on buying a New Vehicle. Click Here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsJ3RXElXxMoxTaCLNW7Kzp
Lr0nskWCp93goC1WUiU4UB5sHggnelK/