Europa-List: Re: 914 Slight Hesitation going Full Throttle?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 Slight Hesitation going Full Throttle?
From: darinh <gerns25@netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:07:45

Ivor,

The wastegate travels through its full movement without binding and so do the
throttles.

Herve,

I will check these again but they seem to be good.

Paul,

It seems to be the same with one or both boost pumps running and fuel flow is
good.
I did have an issue with a plugged fuel filter at about 20 hours but that
has been replaced.  The plugged filter obviously caused significant hesitation
and rough running, so much so that I couldn't get much more than 4800 RPM.
I also installed the Bell intercooler which I had to modify for my installation
by cutting and rewelding the outlet 180 degrees to its original position.
Apparently, this modification changed the airflow characteristics just enough
that I was not getting the air I needed and the engine would hesitate and
sputter
around 5000 rpm.  Both the filter problem and the intercooler issue have been
remedied by either replacing or removing the items.  Now I just have the very
short single hesitation described in the original post before it goes WOT.

--------
Darin Hawkes
Series 7
914 Turbo