Europa-List: 914 Slight Hesitation going Full Throttle?

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Slight Hesitation going Full Throttle?
From: darinh <gerns25@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:17:10

First off, let me say that I fly a Kitfox not a Europa (although I would love
one)
but you guys fly way more 914's than do the Kitfox guys so I come to you with
engine questions.

I have a 914 (new with 45 hours thus far).  The issue I am having is a very
short
hesitation when going full throttle.  Basically, when I push the throttle up
on take-off, it runs beautifully up to about 100% throttle or max. continuous
power position (35" MAP or so).  Then as I go the last 15% and the boost kicks
in full, I get a very slight hesitation (maybe .5 seconds) then it continues
up to my 5700 rpm max. prop setting and 40" MAP.  It doesn't seem to do this
when in the air and going WOT.  I have a Airmasters prop and sometimes think
that this might be the cause as the electric motor that drives pitch lags
slightly
behind the engine.  Anyone experience this?

--------
Darin Hawkes
Series 7
914 Turbo