Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:33:53
Bob, great "there I was" story.

I too am very concerned about blow molded plastic tanks for use in an
aircraft.  I can't jump overboard and get in the water fast as I can in
a boat.  I would prefer a properly secured, 9 G, spun molded tank used
for racing (similar to the Europa tank construction), a coated
fiberglass tank or a proper aluminum tank if were my plane.  Yes it's
expensive, and as Bob states, time consuming to build and mount, but
worth it.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations.