RE: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:36:27

Michel,

The tanks are high strength blow molded construction using molecular weight
 (whatever that means) polyethylene, colour is
red.
Size is 25 liter, measuring 48 x 32 x 28 cm.
According to my notes it is on website www.mercurypartsexpress.com . It is
made in Canada, but I bought my first one in the UK, where it is half the p
rice of the Canadian price. They (Mercury Marine) have a dealer locator lin
k. I think I paid
30 pounds including tax, in Canada it is 100 dollars. The fuel connector is
 part number 22-816856T3. You also need their
fuel hose with the quickfit connections.

Karl

From: mau11@free.frTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-List: a
uxillary fuel tankDate: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:00:25 +0100

Hi Karl,
What exact heavy duty marine tank model do you speak, plastic or metallic?
How many liters? Do you have web site adress for this tank?

Thanks
Michel

-----Message d'origine-----De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mai
lto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com]De la part de Karl HeindlEnvoy
=E9 : mercredi 2 janvier 2008 15:40=C0 : europa-list@matronics.comObjet : R
E: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank Kevin, I have been using a portable 25
liter heavy duty marine tank, firmly strapped into the passenger seat (I ad
ded an eyebolt at the bottom front wall of the seat for an extra strap), wi
th quickfit connectors, and easily plumbed in to the main tank inlet (alumi
num elbow). An automotive fuel pump is also plumbed into the fuel line. Of
course, one or more tanks could also go into the baggage area, so long as t
hey are secure. If of real interest, I can look up the details. Thomas Sche
rer probably used something similar on his flight across the Pacific, also
Eric Trombley has a marine tankI think David Joyce is preparing for his fli
in Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>> > Hi All,> > Has anyone out there put t
ogether their own axillary fuel tank design? I > am looking for ideas, prob
ably a commercially available plastic tank > that could be strapped into th
e baggage area of an XS mono. I have the > Singleton fuel tank outlets with
 vacant taps because I elected to not > install a sight gage, so I am consi
dering plumbing in there, to the Main > side, and not siphoning as the Euro
pa design does.Any one doing > something like that?> > I would buy a Europa
 aux tank but the cost is just a bit crazy, with > the dollar so low.> Anyb
ody got one they want to let go?> > I am not yet flying, but with the 914 c
ruising at 16 to 18 grand it > would seem that 18.5 gallons is a bit limiti
ng? It'd be nice to keep > going on long XC flights once you are way up the
re cruising along at 200 > ================
==> > >

href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>http://www.matronics.com/chr
ef="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List";>http://www.matronhref