Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:44:33

Duncan, Amen to that, although they approved Manuel Querioz's plane with a
fuel tank filler sitting in the middle of the plane! On the other hand I
think that an outside filler position may have something to recommend it if
the natives of Bongoland are going to insist that only they can fill fuel
tanks!
         I didn't mention it but there is also a stipulation that the fuel
pump must not draw fuel from more than one tank at a time, which the
standard Europa tank plumbing doesn't meet. It may be that the LAA have been
taking things a bit more seriously recently as they felt CAA and EASA
breathing more noticeably down their necks!
Regards, David