Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:29:45
Fred,
I would not expect the standard tank to be bonded in rigidly.
It sits on a "shelf" on the forward side, is laterally restrained by a
saddle and contained by the 'box' around it. It is not likely that the
apparent bond between the glassed-in supports and tank would last very
long as fuel loads cause the tank to cyclically change shape.
It would be a fairly simple matter to debond any residual adhesion of
the tank to the supports, if you are worried about this.

Duncan McF.