RE: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:40:23

Kevin,

I have been using a portable 25 liter heavy duty marine tank, firmly strapp
ed into the passenger seat (I added an eyebolt at the bottom front wall of
the seat for an extra strap), with quickfit connectors, and easily plumbed
in to the main tank inlet (aluminum elbow). An automotive fuel pump is also
 plumbed into the fuel line. Of course, one or more tanks could also go int
o the baggage area, so long as they are secure. If of real interest, I can
look up the details. Thomas Scherer probably used something similar on his
flight across the Pacific, also Eric Trombley has a marine tank
I think David Joyce is preparing for his flight to Australia.

Karl
n@gotsky.com> To: europa-list@matronics.com> Subject: Europa-List: auxillar
@gotsky.com>> > Hi All,> > Has anyone out there put together their own axil
lary fuel tank design? I > am looking for ideas, probably a commercially av
ailable plastic tank > that could be strapped into the baggage area of an X
S mono. I have the > Singleton fuel tank outlets with vacant taps because I
 elected to not > install a sight gage, so I am considering plumbing in the
re, to the Main > side, and not siphoning as the Europa design does.Any one
 doing > something like that?> > I would buy a Europa aux tank but the cost
 is just a bit crazy, with > the dollar so low.> Anybody got one they want
to let go?> > I am not yet flying, but with the 914 cruising at 16 to 18 gr
and it > would seem that 18.5 gallons is a bit limiting? It'd be nice to ke
ep > going on long XC flights once you are way up there cruising along at 2