Europa-List: Re: Help Required from our American Friends

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Help Required from our American Friends
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:15:55

scrimm wrote:
> This is complete BS. There is not a restriction to keep an aircraft registered
in an ICAO country from flying in US airspace.

That be true, but their response was only partial BS.  Disassembling the A/C (as
if we could do so to a composite design) and reassembling it would _not_ meet
the 51% rule. A foreign homebuilt appears to be in Regulatory limbo for basing
here permanently.

What I get from the Regs is the restriction is to prevent construction of A/C in
a foreign country under their amateur-built rules and then export for sale here,
retaining foreign registration.  There would be airplanes manufactured by
forced child labor in Bangladesh, if that govt didnt care if their amateur-built
rules were being cheated.

Ironically, we do have a new rule sort of like that.  Light sport aircraft.
Most
of the ones for sale here are manufactured in foreign countries, not quite
Bangladesh or Namibia...yet.  The manufacturer need merely certify on a simple
form they send FAA that the aircraft complies with industry standards. N#
registered
here like anything else.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: