Europa-List: RE: Help Required from our American Friends

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Help Required from our American Friends
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:37:02
Hi Guys

The grand plan to transport my trigear(complete with newly finished glider
wings) to the U.S. have been dealt a severe blow by your wonderful FAA. I
have just been informed that they will not allow an experimental aircraft
built abroard to fly in U.S. airspace. There suggestion was to completely
dismantle the aircraft and have it rebuilt in America of at least 51% of it.
Obviously this is a ridiculous suggestion. Surely there must be a way for me
to import the aircraft? All suggestions and assistance would be appreciated
as we plan to move to Florida for the winters and I want to bring my
aircraft with me if at all possible.

Many Thanks

Alan