Re: Europa-List: Angle of Attack

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Angle of Attack
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:57:58

Dave

I also have the XS, and I agree with you  about the long tail wheel arm. I also
make my landings with the far end of the runway in my sight picture. I keep the
same distance from top of the cowl to end of the runway until wheel touches
runway.

To get this sight picture, set on the end of the runway and and look at the
other end. The sight picture is the distance the end of the runway is above the
top of the cowl. This will set your angle of attack to land. I usually
transition to the sight picture as I approach the threshold.

Jim Brown
N398JB