Europa-List: Angle of Attack

Subject: Europa-List: Angle of Attack
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:02:11

Hi all,

After flying my mono wheel for 340 hours with various C of G's and weights I an
still surprised at how differently the aircraft behaves on landing.

I find that the amount of power needed in the flair can be from very little to
quite a lot if I want to bring it over the numbers at 55 knots with not too much
sink, and although I am getting good at judging the various situations,
occasionally
I still get it wrong and I am rewarded with a bounce on landing.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has an AoA fitted to their Europa, and
are
they finding the lift reserve a good indicator to help get that "perfect 10"
on every touch down ?  If anyone has some experience I would be interested in
hearing from them.

Thanks,

Paul - N378PJ